I gave astrophotography another go the other night. It took me awhile to get the settings to work out but I did manage to get a couple of the photographs to come out. I was surprised a bit as I took these shots from my back yard. Two buildings over from me is a local church that has a large back light that is always on. I thought that this light would cause some problems for me, but it doesn’t seem like it did. Next time I will have to go down the road and try to get the milky way. This may be a problem since Chicago is due east of me about 80 miles or so. The light from the city and suburbs is visible from here.
About James KeeganI am a photographer based in Northern Illinois, that specializes in nature, landscape and portraiture. This blog is a look at my journey into photography.
Top Posts & Pages
- Weekly Photo Challenge: New
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Scale
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Spring
- Cee's Black and White Challenge: Reflections and Shadows
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Orange
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Rule of Thirds
- A Sunrise to Brighten Your Day
- 2 Barns on the Corner