Something about the way the light was touching this plant that is growing out of the side of a long ago fallen tree trunk (thus the name Symbiont) caught my eye last weekend. It didn’t quite translate to the camera the way I saw it, but I am happy with the results. The fallen tree trunk was still under a good amount of shade and an opening in the canopy had allowed a beam of sunlight through to the plant. I also used my pop up flash on the last image in the sequence to lighten up the shadows a bit. Enjoy your Sunday!
About James KeeganI am a photographer based in Northern Illinois, that specializes in nature, landscape and portraiture. This blog is a look at my journey into photography.
Top Posts & Pages
- Weekly Photo Challenge: New
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Scale
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Spring
- Cee's Black and White Challenge: Reflections and Shadows
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Orange
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Rule of Thirds
- A Sunrise to Brighten Your Day
- 2 Barns on the Corner