If you look close there is a juvenile Bald Eagle in the pines. This photograph was taken on my trip to Starved Rock State Park. As the temperatures drop and the rivers freeze over this park is a hot spot for the eagles. There is a dam on the Illinois River that keeps this portion of the river from freezing. Giving the eagles access to plenty of food. Although the river is not frozen over at the time there were still several eagles around.
About James KeeganI am a photographer based in Northern Illinois, that specializes in nature, landscape and portraiture. This blog is a look at my journey into photography.
Top Posts & Pages
- Weekly Photo Challenge: New
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Scale
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fresh
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Spring
- Cee's Black and White Challenge: Reflections and Shadows
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Orange
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Rule of Thirds
- A Sunrise to Brighten Your Day
- 2 Barns on the Corner